Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tracey Joy Photography!

So many Photographers, so little time!  I have the pleasure of meeting and working with some of the best and most well known Photographers in the business.  Every once in awhile, I'll meet someone "new" - Someone who has a fresh, natural feel to their work, someone who blends in so well with the Wedding Party that you don't notice their "paparazzi" at all!  


I met " Tracey Dwight " of Tracey Joy Photography at a Smart & Chic Bride's wedding last season.  Tracey was so sweet, and thoughtful about her place in the " chaos " of wedding day preparations, I didn't even realize  she was there!  This is a great skill, as she was able to document the private moments beautifully - Without disrupting the festivities!  I caught up with Tracey and wanted to get the word out about this talented lady.




S&C Bride: What inspired you to start Photographing Weddings and how long have you been doing it?

Tracey:  I have been photographing weddings for one year and I love it!  I got married in 2009, and I think that gave me a new appreciation for all of the thought that goes into every detail of the wedding, and for the meaning in each of those special moments.  I love working with couples and their families on such an important and beautiful day, and seeing the different traditions that each couple incorporates into the wedding.

S&C Bride:  What is your specialty?

Tracey:  I love the photojournalistic side of my job.  I love capturing those moments - the laughs, the tears, and all of the raw emotion.  Those are the images that will last a lifetime.  Even when styles have changed, the smiles and the tears are timeless.



S&C Bride:  Best part of your job?


Tracey:  The couples that I meet along the way.  I get this little glimpse into their lives - their families, their friendships, their traditions - and I get to capture it.  How amazing is that?!


Tracey is definitely becoming a party favorite in the Twin Cities, her reviews are amazing!  To book this talented Photographer, follow this link to her web page:  http://www.traceyjoyphotography.com/

Tracey's advice for new couples:  Pick your battles.  Fight, but only when you truly believe in what you're fighting for.  And at the end, laugh!



No comments: